Re: Any words of wisdom re: engine hoist?

To: shammatt@sos.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any words of wisdom re: engine hoist?
From: Duncan120@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:53:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/99 9:44:23 PM Central Daylight Time, shammatt@sos.net
writes:

<< I know we've covered everything about engine stands, etc. but now
 I'm looking at getting a roll-around, fold-upable, standable in the corner
 type engine hoist. >>

Sam's Club.   $199.95.
Pretty good for the price.  Lifted a Jag 120 eng and trans out (about 700
lb.) with NO trouble or effort.
I use it about 4 times a year.
The paint is not all that great, but $70 worth of powder coating and $25.
worth of grade 8 fasteners and you'll have something as nice to look at as to
use (or a $3 can of spray paint will server the same purpose).
But that's one of the MANY future projects around here.

Ron