Re: Removing a drill chuck

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, "'jniolon@uss.com'" <jniolon@uss.com>
Subject: Re: Removing a drill chuck
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 01:10:31 -0700
Basically the same as the DeWalt, except you can use the chuck key for
the second step.

So, unscrew the Torx screw CLOCKWISE (since it's left hand thread),
using the chuck key to hold the chuck, if necessary.  Then smack the
chuck key a brisk blow counterclockwise, to unscrew the chuck from the
shaft.  The shaft is held only by the inertia of the gears and motor.
On my 1/2" Milwaukee, I sometimes find it's easier to  hold the drill
body and whack the key in the chuck against the bench.

Randall