Re: Removing a drill chuck

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>, drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: Removing a drill chuck
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:18:23 -0700
I don't know whether it's the screw you're having troubles with or
the chuck. If it's the screw then just hold the fixed ring on the
chuck. If it's the chuck then I just put the motor in low gear
and give the chucked up allen wrench a real SHARP and solid whack
on the end with a ballpeen hammer. The shock "should" loosen the
chuck. If you can't get it loose after a couple of whacks then I
don't know what could be wrong.

Good luck,
Drew

--