Re: Safety Wire

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <nogera@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Safety Wire
From: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:56:36 -0700

     Pictures are more obvious than words.  I'm sure you will get proper
     tech./ resource from someone in shop talk land.

     One thing that would be usefull---Is that safety wire is usually
     annealed stainless steel.  This is just fine for almost everything.
     I'm told that annealed inconel is better for VERY hot locations (it
     doesn't become as brittle as SS) .  Inconel wire in the annealed
     (soft) state is just like SS in every sense but is much stronger, less
     shiny and more expensive.

     Mordy