Re:

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re:
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 17:38:02 +0000
Brian Borgstede wrote:

> Thanks all,
> My compression test came up with ZERO compression
> in #6, so I wanted to see where to hole is.  The leakdown
> adaptor or a valve keeper thing for replacing valve springs
> sounds like a plan.  I hope to stop by the autoparts shop on
> the way home from work.

Brian,

About 20 years ago I made a leakdown tester using a Sears compression guage.
This
particular guage had a flexible hose between the guage and the fitting that
screws
into the spark plug hole.  By unscrewing the guage from the hose you would be
able to
use plumbing adaptors to get a quick disconnect fitting on the end of the hose.
 This
would allow you to do what you are looking to do.  (I think that I had to
remove a
shrader valve in the fitting that goes into the spark plug hole).

-Roger