Re: Painting small parts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting small parts
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:57:10 -0500 (EST)

> >Buzz Bomb (aerosol cans)
>
> >card board box. I hook the shop vac hose up at the back to make positive air
> >flow.

I tried this once.  Yes, it works.  Yes, I wondered about the
potential of paint fumes in the vac (but got away with it).

But NO, I won't do it again.  The paint going into the hose
makes a serious mess there and later in the filter and canister.
The paint doesn't seem to dry properly there, so you end up with
a sticky surface -- not just a multicolor vac.

> >Also, you can make a "Bed of Nails" by pounding small brads up through

A fun and effective (probably not the safest thing to do) is to use
a pneumatic brad gun and shoot them at a block of soft wood.  Pull
the gun back an inch or so, pull up the safety lever and shoot
the brads.  They'll stick just a short way in the wood and leave
the support for your paint item.

OK.  I know you shouldn't do that.  But if you have one of these
guns I dare you to deny that you haven't shot at least one brad
out that way.

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com