Your pipes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Your pipes
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:45:31 -0500

"Lyn Fatt, Brian A" asks about help with his drain problems.
Here is a shot in the dark, but it happened to me while I was trying to
help a
friend with the same kind of problem.

What region are you in?  Has it been getting below freezing at night?  The
problem my friend's house had was that the drain pipe didn't have the
correct
pitch.  That meant that the pipe had standing water in it.  Not much of a
problem, it would work fine, UNTIL the mornings after it was a below
freezing
night.  The standing water turned to ice which reduced the water flow.  By
the
time I got there with the snake, the water had been defrosted and the pipe
was
clear.  It took a while to find this problem, but shimming the drain to get
the
right pitch fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

inch