RE: remote car starters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: remote car starters
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 22:39:36 -0500
I'll guess no if you have to turn the key to 'on' for 1-5 seconds to run the
glow plugs before cranking, i.e. requires interaction like the new clutch
interlocks on manuals, or setting the choke on a carb.  I've always wondered
how the remote starters are set up, i.e. after the remote part do you just
stick the key in and unlock the steering wheel?

Gary Lin   National Capital Ch. BMW CCA   '88 325is
Metro Washington Council of Sports Car Clubs