variable speed moto-tool?

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: variable speed moto-tool?
From: "MAKI, DON" <DMAKI@BPS.NWSC.K12.AR.US>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:54:58 -0600
I have a question for the list:

I inherited (among other tools) a Craftsman brand
Dermal clone. It has only one speed, 28,000 rpm.
Can I make it a variable speed by running an
extension cord to a variable resister (read:dimmer
switch)and then on to an outlet?

Now on to the Craftsman guarantee:
If you read the ads and the printed material
the guarantee says - If any Craftsman hand tool ever
fails to give complete satisfaction for any reason
return it to any Sears store for a replacement.
Don't think that's a direct quote, but that's
the gist of it. I remember taking back a screwdriver
about 25 years ago, being an azzole kid,
because it failed to give me complete satisfaction -
it was dirty. I pointed out the warrantees' wording,
and got the replacement. Pissed off the sales drone,
but got the replacement.

Don