Re:Was Craftsman - Mastercraft? EH!

To: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Subject: Re:Was Craftsman - Mastercraft? EH!
From: "Malcolm McKean" <mudshark@abandonrite.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:35:26 -0700
I must agree with your insight on Craftsman and Mastercraft tools.  Last
summer I needed a good wrench set, went to Sears ( out of habit from loving
the good tools 20 years ago)  and bought an ok quality craftsman 11 piece
set ( cost was approix $55 - $60 Canadian) , went home and the next day
Canadian Tire had a flyer with Mastercraft  professional 11 piece wrench set
on for 1/2 price.  The Craftsman was very quickly returned and for $25.00
each I bought a set of both english and metric wrenches.  The quality was
much better, nice shiny finish looks like Snap-on.  Mastercraft advertises
the same guarantee as Craftsman, I haven't tried it out yet.  It seems
Canadian Tire will have a special once or twice a year for wrenches, just
wait for the 11 piece set instead of the nine piece set.  I will be checking
out the Mastercraft ratchets if I ever wear out my existing ones.  Oh yeah,
Canadian Tire also had some incredible deal on screw drivers, a box with 15
or 20 pieces for $25.00??? I can't remember the exact number or price but
got 6 or 8 good quality Mastercraft screw drivers along with some stubbies
and the smaller disposable drivers that are holding up good so far.

Has anyone tried out Canadian Tire on replacement of Mastercraft tools?  Any
comments?