Re: Was Craftsman - Mastercraft? EH!

To: Malcolm McKean <mudshark@abandonrite.com>
Subject: Re: Was Craftsman - Mastercraft? EH!
From: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:18:59 -0500
Basically the same deal as Sears. Bring in your old one, bent, broken, worn,
misused, and pick a new one off the shelf and sign a paper or two. The only
flack I can remember getting is for returning a piece-of-garbage
tongue'n'groove plier (stick to Channel-Lok for these) with the teeth worn off.
I got a refund as they were junk.
Other than that I've replaced a couple of broken sockets and abused small
wrenches without any problem. You really do have to pick and choose Mastercraft
tools as some aren't worth having at any price. Others are great values.

Burl Vibert
Kingston, Ontario
1983 Porsche 911SC (stashed for winter)
1987 Audi 5000CSTQ (needs new snow-tires)
Assorted stuff in backyard.