Re: Merry Christmas!!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas!!
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 16:28:00 -0500

-> Sorry for your loss. Had that happen to me in May, bastids broke into
-> my shop and took EVERYthing of ANY value - $3500 worth, most of it
-> new.

 It hasn't happened to me, but I worry about it.  Here in the 'hood they
managed to kick the back door of the house completely out of the wall to
get in, but they haven't made it into the shop yet.  I have no windows
in the shop, no external hardware on the bay doors, and a steel entry
door with a wire mesh (like the kind they use for walkways) "screen"
door, both with deadbolts only.

 Of course, most of the really valuable stuff in the shop is either too
heavy to move or too esoteric to be recognized of value, not that losing
some of the little stuff wouldn't hurt.