Re: The Ideal Shop

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Ideal Shop
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 20:09:40 -0600

 Phil Ethier comments:

> Oddly enough, shiny metal seems to heat in the sun more than white-painted
> metal.  I walked up to a white van parked in the sun.  The chrome bumper
was
> hot and the white body was cool.  Hmmm.

Hmmm indeed!. . .  I clad an outbuilding on my shop lot with shiny
galvanized material and noted that in direct summer sun,  the shiny metal
was so hot I could not bear to hold my hand on it while the white painted
metal next to it was very comfortable to touch . . . I expected the opposite
. . .

Any physics major want to "splain" this to we with inquiring minds?

Tony_Clark______________________lotus.tony@airmail.net