Re: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: "Dave Williams" <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>,
Subject: Re: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 17:18:17 -0600
From: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>

> I'm in Arkansas.  It hits 110-115F here in midsummer.  I went for
>uninterrupted white roofing on my shop.

Good plan.  I'm glad to have the attic and insulation between me and the sun
when it gets in the nineties here.

> Temperature in both shops seems to be about the same, but I bet it's
>primarily because the extra reflectivity of his shiny metal roof is
>balancing out the heat gain from the skylights.

Oddly enough, shiny metal seems to heat in the sun more than white-painted
metal.  I walked up to a white van parked in the sun.  The chrome bumper was
hot and the white body was cool.  Hmmm.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/