Re: Tap and Die set

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tap and Die set
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:31:08 -0500
I have the HSS set and it's holding up OK.  I go slow, back out often and
use TapMagic or Castrol's Moly-Dee.

Sears also has a titanium set.  I think I saw it in the catalog a while ago....

I got my set on ebay last summer for about 1/2 retail cost....

At 12:10 AM 12/28/99 ,  Kyle K. Rice was inspired to say:

>Listers,
>
>Can anyone give me a recomendation for a Tap and Die set.  I looked at Sears
>and I only saw Highspeed steel and I am not sure how that would hold up.  I
>would spend about $100 to $200 for a set.  I do not need a huge set but one
>that would cover most auto repairs (mostly my 74 TR6).
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>
>Kyle
>kkrice@earthlink.net

Cheers!