Re: Shop security

To: Rex Burkheimer <rex@txol.net>
Subject: Re: Shop security
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:11:05 -0500
Rex Burkheimer wrote:

> Since the theft, I have added a burglar alarm to the shop.  I bought a
> 2-zone RS model, with switches on both the overhead door and the people
> door, plus a motion sensor. Will also add a bar with padlock over the front
> door on the outside.  Since there is no phone,  I have it wired to a really
> loud siren on the top of the roof. Also have a strobe light at the front
> edge of the roof. I feel pretty secure with this setup, and I probably will
> add to it. Any suggestions?

If you have windows this is what I would do.  There is a plant in the US
and it is called a Fire Thorn.  They have nice orange berries and the
branches have these 1" thorns.  The things make a regular sticker
bush look like a water bed.  Planting these in front of the window will help
deter entry at those points.  Makes it a bit tough to get to to paint
the windows, but hey.  Very legal also.

Bill Gilroy