Re: Shop security

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop security
From: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:36:54 PST
I love the idea's for shop security but all they do is deter the amature
thieves.  A friend of mine bought a new vette in '86 and had an alarm system
installed in it.  He also had an alarm system in the garage where it was
kept bolted to the 3' rebar installed in the floor.  To this system he added
another alarm that he installed and used "the club" on the steering wheel.
When he went out one morning the vette was in the driveway pointing out (he
parks nose in) with all three alarms disabled the club on the passenger seat
and the chain and lock, uncut, on the floor of the garage.  On the steering
wheel was a note "Nice try if I wanted it I would have taken it".  The
language he used would have made a sailor blush.

To my knowledge the police never found this individual.

Makes you feel nice and safe, don't it?!?

Steve Budde
mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com