Brakes and Broken stuff

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes and Broken stuff
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 23:01:04 -0500
Well, tonight I tried to replace the brakes (and rotors) on the SO's car.
(Chevy Lumina)  The drivers side went fine.  when I did the passenger side,
I hit a snag.  The bolt for the rotor (a T-60 star bolt) would NOT let go.
Now first off, the bolt needs to be accessed from the inside, so an impact
wrench is not an option.  I pulled out the breaker bar and went to town.
Then, the cheater bar on the breaker.  Then, the SOCKET snapped.  Hit me in
the mouth and chipped my tooth.  Determination being a strong point of mine
(and I had another T-60 socket)  I tried again.  This time, shielding my
face for a possible blow out.  It was a good thing, the other socket
SNAPPED in half.  Now, it all my years of turning wrenches, I've never seen
a socket snap.

So, my questions...

How do I loosen this nut.  (should I use the "fire wrench" that close to
the brakes?)
Does anyone know if home depot will exchange a T-60 for their Husky line?

TIA

Inch