Re: Tile Shop Floors?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Tile Shop Floors?
From: JGN <jgn@li.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
>From various projects, I end up with extra, long lengths of lumber between
2x6 and 2x12.  I 'store' it by placing it on the concrete floor in one or
two garage bays.  Cars are parked on top.  The extra 1 1/2 to 3 inches
(depending on how high it is stacked) makes it easier to get in and out of
the cars in the garage, and also easier to perform garage-type maintenance
(like waxing).  Naturally, no welding is done nearby.  The few oil drips
just extend the life of the wood.  Wood also seems to be more friendly to
the tires than concrete for cars infrequently driven.  Once or twice a
year, I remove the wood to sweep thoroughly.  In between, just sweep or
use the leaf blower to clean.

John