Re: garage construction costs

To: pethier@isd.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage construction costs
From: McVintage@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:41:34 EDT
Thanks Phil
and everyone else who replyed

I'll elaborate on my situation a little.
I'm moving from PA to NC - leaving behind 2300 ft of garage and workshop
space - home and "Jack's Garage Mahal" have sold and must be empty
by end of July. Have purchased home in NC under construction with end of
July expected completion. Negotiating with builder of house to build garage
I described - using any other builder delays completion of garage and
increases
storage costs for all the "stuff" currently filling my space in PA. I expect
get certain savings this way too i.e. garage site will be graded at same time
as rest
of yard, plumbing rough ins done for $1425 at same time sewage tank and field
are
installed, garage driveway poured same time as house, etc (BTW length of
driveway I gave is from what would otherwise be end of house driveway to doors
of garage)
Price I'm getting from the builder at this point is under $30 per sq ft
(including
the plumbing) - I thought this was reasonable - under the circumstances - i.e.
delay involved in waiting till after closing to get another builder would
cost money
in longer storage time alone - not to mention longer delay in my various
restoration projects.
But that's just my opinion, whats yours ?
Thanks
Jack Mc