Re: a weighty question

To: jniolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: a weighty question
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:11:28 -0700
John,

I've been on an off this list for years, and mostly a lurker, but this
is an interesting topic.  I am fortunate enough to have both a son and
daughter with their own LBC's, so I expect my tools will be in the
family for at least another generation.

You sound like me, they would "pry my tools from my cold, dead hand" if
I were not in this fortunate position.  Since you will most likely be
dead when this situation arises (with luck you will die while working in
your shop at 101) you have the right idea in cataloging and evaluating
your tools now.  Your heirs will then be able to extract whatever value
they choose from your legacy, which is either keeping or donating some
or all, or selling them on E-bay.  You won't care what they do, you'll
be dead!

Now get back to work, and start cataloging instead of thinking about
this anymore!
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle