Re: hot safe

To: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: hot safe
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:56:47 -0700
When I remodelled my house, I bought a small safe, welded some
rebar to it and cast the assembly into a  concrete wall.

The helpful hint from the safe company was that if you cast
a safe into a concrete foundation you can cut a hole into
a smaller, less expensive unit and use that hole to to
access a concrete vault.

I wouldn't worry too much about someone using shop tools
to cut your safe open.  Your average burglar is robbing your
house because they can't earn a living with tools.  They
probably don't know how to operate a plasma cutter.  I
don't either!

I'm not an expert in this area but you should probably approach
security from several directions.  Safe deposit boxes, insurance,
alarm systems, off site backups, and sprinklers all come to mind
when thinking about hanging on to your "stuff"

Steve Shipley