Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless

To: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>
Subject: Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:26:55 -0700
Dave Williams wrote:

> -> Just, of course, make sure you are wearing the right eye protection
> -> before you start.  Skin burns can heal, and it should take only one
> -> or two to persuade you to get some appropriate clothing,  but eyes
> -> are more fragile.
>
>  Ah, the local Safety Nazi weighs in...
>
>  It's probably not a good idea to stick the welding electrodes in your
> ears, either.  I wonder how long it'll take before they start putting
> warnings on the packages?
>
>  - Dave "Hey everybody, watch *this*!" Williams

I've burnt myself a few times while I've been gaining experience
with my new welder.  Last week it was too hot to wear long pants.
I was sitting on a bucket and welding on a running board.  Sure
glad I choose to wear some short pants.

It's interesting to see how my lack of intelligence and stubborness
is showing in this experience.  I'm going to look for training
tomorrow.  Thanks for all the valuable advice and insights.
Compliments to all, this is a great group!

Steve Shipley