Re: Build it yourself Car Trailer

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Build it yourself Car Trailer
From: "Richard Boyce" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:45:36 -0700
I sent some pictures to Inch and he was kind enough to post them on his
site. His site address is http://megageek.com.Look under library to see the
pics.
The trailer pictured was built about 4 yrs. ago. The owner uses it to haul
his 65 Mustang and as you can see ATV's.This trailer is really kind of basic
and it very easily could have removable sides added to use as a utility
trailer also. The top is surfaced with pressure treated wood which has held
up well over the years. The top could also be metal diamond plate. Although
it doesn't show in the pictures there are loading ramps stored underneath in
the back. The wheels shown are 6 lug 16 in stock Chevy truck that the owner
chose to match the Chev. truck he had at the time. The hubs can easily be
changed to basically any bolt pattern that one would like so wheel options
are wide open. It also has elec. brakes on one wheel.
The main body of the trailer is made from 2x4 rect. tubing and the bed
measures 14' long. The tongue is made from 4' channel iron. As I said this
is a basic tandem axle trailer and many options exist when building a
trailer of this type. I will be detailing the build up of a trailer similar
to this one (no two seem to be alike) in the very near future.
As it will probably be very lengthy I will be posting it on Inch's site
along with many pictures.
                         Richard