Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@kns.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:08:04 -0500
Tim Mullen wrote:
> > I have abused it for about 7 years, and it is still taking it.  For thirty
> > bucks, I can't complain.
>
> I agree with Phil.  I have two impacts.  The cheapie that gets used all the
> time and tossed around.  And the good expensive one that gets used when
> I need more "impact".  It gets a reserved spot in my tool chest..

My $.02-- I bought a nice IR 1/2" impact (the big black one) and a
Chicago Pneumatic 3/8" when I got my air tools.  The Chicago (arguably a
"good" tool) could do maybe half of what I asked of it.

When IR came out with the 2112 3/8" version of the big gun, I got that.
I don't think the Chicago has even been plugged into an airline since
then.  You couldn't get me to trade the power and weight of the IR guns
for the cheapness and replaceability of other guns, even if the other
gun is a good name brand like Chicago.

Now my only problem is how to justify the ~$550 for the 2161, IR's 3/4"
behemoth, rated at 1400ft-lbs. :)  So what if I would use it maybe twice
a year...