Re: Mousers (was Electronic pest repellants)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mousers (was Electronic pest repellants)
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 16:03:29 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, William M. Gilroy wrote:
> One of the lumber yards I frequent has a only one cat as a mouser.  I
> commented on how small and scrawny that caw was.  The guy at the
> counter said it was the best mouser they ever had in the yard.  Their
> last mouser was a big tomcat that could not catch a thing.  I had
> cats all my life and some were great hunters and others could not
> catch a thing.  Go figure.  My Shar-Pei dog is a fine mouser.

   One of my Labrador Retrievers is an excellent mouser.  He was 80 pounds
last time he caught a mouse in the house, and he's 100 now, so I'm not
sure you'd want him running around your attic.  He still catches field
mice though.  He knows better than to mess with the cats, though.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 hillman@planet-torque.com