Small Parts Washer??

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Small Parts Washer??
From: "Bruce Hestand" <bhestand@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:30:10 -0500
Hi All,

I haven't been on this list for long so possibly this is an old-worn-out
question.  If so, apologies in advance.

I'm starting a car restoration and need a convenient parts washer.  I don't
expect to use it very often once I've cleaned some basic smaller parts
(carb, brake/clutch cylinders, calipers??) so price is one issue as well as
the fact I'd like to be able to pack it easily out of the way except for
occasional future use.  Price is not the biggest issue since I'd rather
spend a couple of bucks, than have to spend any real time manufacturing or
acquiring/modifying something.

A pasta pan/drainer or steamer setup is one possibility for the level of
part I'm looking for but I thought others might have run into something
better in a similar price range with possibly better functionality (solvent
handling, sturdiness etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Hestand - Chelmsford, Ma.
'80 Triumph Spitfire, '89 Harley, '95 F150