Re: Sources for 3M Scotchbrite/Roloc/etc. products?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sources for 3M Scotchbrite/Roloc/etc. products?
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:56:30 -0800
Hi all,

Thanks for the tips on the Scotchbrite stuff.  A&I (ai-supply.com)  has what
I'm looking for, at ~1/10 the cost of the local store.  I'm all for supporting
small business, but that's too much for me....

While I was poking around for it, I also saw some "Roloc bristle discs".  From
what I could tell on the 3M website, they are like wire cup grinding discs made
of plastic, with some sort of abrasive embedded within.  They sound like they
would be a really nice substitute for the wire cups (I hate those little metal
bits that fly off...); has anyone tried them?  Do they work as well as the
metal ones?  I'd guess that they would; seems 3M always makes some pretty decent
stuff....

Thanks,
Mike