RE: shop/slab questions, now reinforcing, now the darn floor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: shop/slab questions, now reinforcing, now the darn floor
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:08:42 -0800
My fiber reinforced floor has a few cracks, but not too bad given its
size.  My biggest gripe came when I was acid etching for floor paint --
all these little wads of fuzz kept coming off when I pressure washed off
a coat of acid.  Took me a while before I realized what it was.  The
little ends of the fiber ended up poking up like fine razor stubble.
(Apparently the acid ate the concrete faster than it ate the fiber.)
Now I have a nice non-skid painted floor and I didn't even have to add
any sand to the paint to make it non-skid.