Re: cell phone wiring

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: cell phone wiring
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:01:14 -0600
Scott,

Before I succumbed to a small hard to use, easy to lose hand held unit, I
used an old Motorola bag phone mounted permanently in the car... easily
hooks up to the car wiring.  Microphone already attached.  You will have to
use an external antenna, but that's just a little more wire and some tape
on the window (radiation removed from skull).  Car speakers ????  not sure
but it's probably doable..but I never had a problem hearing with the
speaker in the phone and the audio quality and speaker volume were 10 times
better than the tinny little handhelds. They are higher power than the
handhelds, programmable with at least 10 numbers.  You're probably limited
to analog service though, although I'm not sure about that.  I bet if you
talk to some high dollar custom shops or cell dealers, they have a package
that you wouldn't have to reinvent...  Hell, Cadillac has it all built into
the Northstar system already... check around before you plug in the
soldering iron and screw up her stereo...  It would also free up her
handheld for in purse carrying with no plug/unplug hassles.

just my $.02

John