Re: Flooring?

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flooring?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:54:33 -0600
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>

>My wife is making noises about this being the year we finally replace some
>aging carpet in a couple of rooms with ???  One option is installing some
>laminated hardwood flooring, like Pergo.  Does anyone have some experience
>with this?  Would taking on a task like this make my life a living hell?
>Or will it be pretty easy, and a good excuse to buy some more power tools?

Easy as falling off a log.  What it isn't, is cheap.  Add up the cost and be
sure you are sitting down.

The hardest part of the job is making sure you have a flat floor to start
with.  Then the underlayment sheet makes the whole thing pretty foolproof.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.

///
///