RE: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....

To: "'Randall Young'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....
From: Dan Canaan <danc@photoworks.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:03:14 -0800
I have one of the Harbor Freight units and love it.  It does pay to know who
makes them, but for the most part they are universal in design.  The only
place where quality really makes a difference is in the pump motor, and even
then they are universal so you can replace whatever you have with another
heavy duty unit if you wish later.

Something I do plan to add though is a solvent heater.  I have added heat to
the garage on demand, but that parts washer is **COLD**!!  Heaters seem to
run about $30 and I think it would be wonderful to have in colder climates.

Cleaning is quite and easy.  Soak the part, brush it off, rinse, do again,
and then blow it dry with compressed air when you're done.  Makes short work
of nasty messes.  It's really nice to have baskets around though for bolts
and small hardware.

I mounted my entire washer on a low slung wood platform with casters so I
can move it around the shop to where I need it.  I don't have enough room in
the garage for a permanent location for it so wheels really come in handy.

Dan C.
Photoworks Technical Support
www.photoworks.com
1-800-746-8696

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///