Re: Sort of off topic. . .puzzles

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sort of off topic. . .puzzles
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:45:05 -0800
>Attach both ends of 1 string to one end of another.  (so you get a loop at
>the end of the first string)
>
>Light the other end of the string.  The first string burns in 30 mins, and
>lights both ends of the other
>string.  In 15 mins the other string has burned completely up.
>
>Total time: 45 mins.

I don't think that works; you're making the assumption that the "hoop" of string
burns evenly, and we're told that it doesn't.  One end might burn up in a
minute,
while the other takes 29 minutes...  I like the other answer of waiting until
time
is up, and then lighting the string... =8^)

Mike

///
///