Re: Table Saw Hieght

To: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
Subject: Re: Table Saw Hieght
From: sdillen@ca.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:45:41 -0800
I don't know what they're supposed to be, but mine is 37".  It's normally
35.5, but I have it sitting on blocks cut from a 2x8 to make it the same
height as my workbench.  My workbench is 37" because before I built it I
wandered around a lot trying out counter heights. . .and decided that just
a hair taller than a kitchen counter would be nice.  (Mostly because my
kitchen counter is 36", and I found a 1" cutting block made a nice height
for me when I was carving roasts. . .  so much for scientific determination
as to what to build!).  My saw needed to be the same height as my workbench
because it also serves as an extension of my workbench -- depending on the
project I'm working on at the time.  Of course, I just added a router table
extension to the saw -- and I think 37" is too low for a router table. . .

To answer your question, I imagine whatever is comfortable for you is
right.  If you think it's too high, it probably is.  A point to consider is
that the 'perfect' height really depends on how tall you are. . .

Steve Dillen
E-Mail:  SDILLEN@ca.ibm.com

///
///