RE: Concrete Mixers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Concrete Mixers
From: ken.landaiche@nokia.com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:42:35 -0600
In my area, northern California, I can't get a yard delivered either. The
last time I checked, the practical limit was 3 yards.

But twice I have gotten one yard mini-mixers from a local cement place. They
require a 3/4 ton truck to tow and can be rented/loaded with less than a
yard if that is all one needs. A second, cheaper and lighter alternative was
a big trough on wheels, also carrying a yard. But for any trip length, the
cement settles. And sloshing on curves can be really horrible. So I never
rented one of those.

I have used the small mixers originally described. They work well for small
amounts. But for anything approaching a yard (and I have wheelbarrow
access!), the towable mini-mixer is great.

Ken Landaiche

///
///