Re: Bird Control

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bird Control
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 22:38:42 EDT
Well folks;
I received many response's to my question regarding bird control in a barn
measuring 70' W x 140' L x 16' H.
These suggestions include:
1) Shooting the offending animals (BTW; I did this once using a . 22 pistol
against an obviously rabid raccoon that had invaded the barn). Not a pretty
solution. And one that could lead to unplanned ventilation of an enclosed
space.
2) Screening doors and other such openings such that birds cannot enter in
the first place. This solution is not practical 'cause I have 20' x 16'
sliding doors that must occasionally be opened for ingress and egress of
sundry vehicles.
3) Cats: Not practical given that felines vertical jump capabilities fall
short of 16'.
And the resident canine continues to harbor a grudge towards felines.
4) Installing wire type thingies (sorry to introduce the more technical terms
here) designed to inhibit perching; Not practical given my buildings size.

Boil it out; I remain in search of an easy solution to bird nesting/occupancy
of my barn.

Bart

PS: Thanks for all of your suggestions so far.

///
///