RE: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:19:38 -0700
Why should I attempt to deny them a chance to roll the dice in the great
American Lottery (er I mean justice system) ?

I think the current American concepts of product liability are ludicrous,
they will eventually kill this country, leaving generations to come
wondering what went wrong.  We're already losing our grip on the worldwide
automotive and aviation markets, with worse to come.  That doesn't mean my
heirs share my point of view.  (You can pick your friends, but you can't
pick your relatives.)

Not that my estate is likely to be all that big an incentive to follow my
last wishes anyway ...

Randall

Rex Burkheimer - WM wrote :

> That's all very noble, and I agree. But will your heirs share
> this view?  Do
> you have a close relative who could see an opportunity for a
> quick buck due
> to your untimely demise?
>
> Mark Donahue was very emphatic about taking sole personal
> responsibility for
> the risks he took in auto racing. That did not stop his widow from suing
> Goodyear when a racing tire failed at high speed.
>
> Are there specific instructions in your will to this effect?

///