RE: Air Compressor- Part 2

To: ken.landaiche@nokia.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air Compressor- Part 2
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:30:39 -0500
4 feet wide, 4 feet tall, 2 feet deep. I bought two sheets of 4'x8'
homasote (homosote?). I cut a 2"-3" diameter hole near the bottom to let
air and power in. I cut another  hole in the top for a 1/4" NPT pipe which
takes compressed air out and goes to a shut off valve, water separator, and
3 way manifold w/quick disconnects. Homasote is too soft for regular
joinery so I used angle irons and fiberboard screws to put it together. I
sealed the edges with some aluminum tape I had lying around. I have a
Campbell-Hausfield "5 HP" (not!) oil free compressor which sits on a 30
gallon horizontal tank. It once had wheels but I replaced them with rubber
feet. I also removed the handle.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com

///