Re: Finding a vacuum leak

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Finding a vacuum leak
From: larry_spector@flashmail.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:27:02 -0700
I remember the same problems with my '72 Lincoln. It used what
looked like black painted Hi-C cans for vacuum reservoirs.
Vacuum was used for climate-control (replaced the control box
4 times), headlight doors (vacuum switch was part of the
headlight switch- replaced at least 3 times), power locks and
more. The leaks got so bad that I wound up rigging the
headlights to stay open- before my "repair" they wouldn't
stay all the way up, ever. It was a good thing that Ford
had a parts warranty at the time that said basically:
"buy it once, and if it ever breaks again, we'll replace it."
Of course that only worked while they still made the parts...

Larry