Re: Sand-blasting and lead loading

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>
Subject: Re: Sand-blasting and lead loading
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:25:38 -0700
I've done a little lead filling.  I just did a small seam where
polyester filler would crack, and it was pretty easy. I think working a
large area would be challenging for the novice, but possible with
practice.  The lead goes on pretty smooth after hitting it with the wood
paddle while molten, but some sanding/filing will still be necessary.

Wear breathing protection when working the lead fill to keep from
inhaling the dust, and clean up the area you are working in too so you
don't track it into the house.

The Eastwood kit (with the book) is what I got, probably overpriced but
it works.

It was kinda fun!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///