Re: Truck bed liners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Truck bed liners
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:39:36 -0400
The spray in liners will also allow water under them, rusting the bed.  Not as
badly as the slip in type,
but it gets in there none the less.  Especially around the areas that would
normally let water drain from
the bed.  My father-in-law has a spray in liner in his bed.  For the first
number of years, his bed looked
better then most.  In the past few years though, the rust has exploded, and his
bed now is in worse
shape then those with no liner whatsoever.

>>> Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com> 07/23 12:42 PM >>>

I'm looking in to getting some kind of a bed liner for my new
shop truck (mandatory shop content :-) and was wondering if
anyone has any opinions on these. I'm leaning towards a spray-in
vs. drop-in. At the race track this weekend I got a sample of
a coating by Line-X and it looks pretty good. Nice and thick,
not too rough but seems to have good slip resistance. Anyone
ever use this?

///