Re: I say it off topic, wife says its not

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: I say it off topic, wife says its not
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:02:07 -0700
Liners can be used in plaster pools, and can be made to almost any
shape.  However, the people I've known with vinyl liners in their
plaster pools were not terribly happy with the results.  It appears that
the liner can be fairly easily torn, for instance by kids climbing on
the side of the pool (underwater).  One family went so far as to warn
everyone using their pool not to touch the vinyl liner with their feet
... and the liner did not fit smoothly, which made the pool difficult to
clean.

Randall

Jim Juhas wrote:

> I don't know if a vinyl liner can be installed in a plaster pool.  I guess it
>would depend on the
> particular shape, and I do believe you can get liners made to specification.
>But, liner replacement
> is not cheap.  In New England, it cost me $3200 last summer to replace my 20
>year old 16x32 liner.
> And liners require a certain coping which has a recess that holds the liner
>in place, and this coping
> mounts on to a galvanized steel wall that forms the perimeter of the pool.
>So, I expect that a liner
> in its conventional form would not be an inexpensive remedy.

///