Re: moving "portable" building

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: moving "portable" building
From: "Rex Burkheimer - WM" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:57:33 -0500
I had not thought of using plywood for a skid surface. Biggest concern with
dragging it is that the 4x4s don't look like they'd take much abuse,
particularly across their direction of travel.

I had also looked into renting a 4wd forklift.  The problem was the forks
are too short to reach past the center 4x4. If I could find some long
forks.....

Rex Burkheimer

> I would start by thinking about using a relatively small tracked
> vehicle or a couple of BobCats as motive force and a small stack of
> shop quality or worse plywood as skid surface, or a couple of steel
> plates with rings for pulling set under your building and tow them
> with the D4 or BobCats.
>
> Interesting problem.
>
> -Roland

///