Re: moving "portable" building

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: moving "portable" building
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:38:51 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Rex Burkheimer
To: Elton (Tony) Clark & shop-talk

> LOL!   Elton, I'm always looking for an excuse to buys tools and
equipment.
> Been trying to justify a tractor for some time now.   I see 8Ns sitting
> beside the road all the time now, never noticed them before.  Is that too
> big to mow about 1/3 acre of grass?

Well, yeah bigger than NEEDED but the reality is that 9Ns,2Ns & 8Ns are 50
years old and were cheap junk when new and haven't improved!  (-:   The
steering box "dies" and can't be fixed, the hydraulics are coroded back to
oxides, etc., etc.  Look for a little 4wd Japanese diesel   (ALL little
tractors have been little Japanese diesels for about 20 years including
Ford, Deere, Case, Massey)  Kubota is the most popular  . . darn things are
indestructable and keep their value, they're ALWAYS worth about what you pay
for them if maintained.

>> > Being an old tractor guy, I'd think in term of adding a couple of new
skids*<<<

> What's the old quote "When all you have is  a hammer, every problem looks
like a nail?"  or something ....<

Exactly!  I have a friend who is a machinist . . . an _obsessed_ machinist .
. . I swear, he'd have found some way in which a machining operation would
be vital to your problem!!!

Tony_______________________@Sherman.Texas

///