New Upholstery

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: New Upholstery
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:27:11 -0400
I'm going to be having the seats of the Jag redone.  The leather isn't
ripped, but the seems are pulling out.

here are my questions...

Does it pay to replace the seats?
Or just replace the leather and have them re-upholstered?
Or try to save the leather and just have it re-stitched?

Also, what do you look for in a person that is doing the upholstery job?
Are there any certifications I can ask for?  Is there any questions that
separate the "good" from the "bad"?  (I know just about nothing when it
comes to upholstery.)

Thanks in advance.

Inch

P.S.  After a full DAY with a buffer, me and my buddy got the original
paint back to a VERY respectable condition.  (about 20 different
applications of polishers followed by 2 coats of wax)

There are still some imperfections, (and the acid rain marks in places) but
with help from this list, the paint looks better then I ever thought was
possible (Thanks to those that responded)

I just bought a new digital camera and I'll put up some more pics shortly.

///