Re: Silver solder

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silver solder
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:16:22 -0400
    I'll throw my 2 cents worth in on this one.  I was using one of the new
plumbing oriented replacement for tin-lead solder and I found that it
requires clean joints, the right flux, and a lot of heat.  In fact I used my
oxy-acetylene rig to solder much like I was brazing the copper pipes
together.  Of course, with an oxy-acet rig, I had to be careful not to melt
the copper ;-)  Made a good joint once I was done.

    Mark Watson