RE: Nail polish

To: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: RE: Nail polish
From: David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:52:46 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Mitchell, Doug (D.B.) wrote:

:
:Ken,
:
:I just called my wife and her first suggestion was acetone. Try
:it in a corner first. The other thing that might work is one of
:the orange cleaners.

If it's dry, first thing to do is see how much you (or rather, your
niece...) can scrape off with a dull knife.  Depending on the type of polish
and the type of carpet, it may not be well absorbed, and you may be able to
get most or all of it off.  After that fails to work, test the carpet with
acetone, and make sure it doesn't dissolve or bleed.  If it doesn't, blot
the stain with acetone, but try not to get the stuff on the mesh base, as it
may be sensitive, even if the fabric isn't.  Then wash with a dish washing
liquid and water solution.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.