Re: powder coating info

To: JNiolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powder coating info
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:43:32 -0700
At 12:03 PM 9/7/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>ok gentlemen,
>
>I've just about decided to have my '53 f-100 frame powder coated... good
>longevity, hard finish... right color available

  on the pre-war British mailing list probably a year ago (in case there is
a archive somewhere) were several people who had powder coated their
frames.  It appears to be nearly ideal.  The only problem they mentioned is
chips in the PC are hard to match but the PC is also very hard to
chip/scratch.  Make sure you get it done in a color that you can find some
enamel in easily.  Also make sure that you have everything PC'd that will
go on the frame, its hard to match brackets/etc that are painted to PC.

   I know this sounds really odd since I would have thought Black PC would
match Black paint but those were the drawbacks they had found so far.  Very
minor drawbacks in my opinion and had I seen the articles 2 or 3 months
earlier I would have done my frame that but by then I was too far along.

   Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/