trailer questions

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: trailer questions
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:30:52 -0500
I have a 40' fifth wheel trailer I use to mainly store my autocross car,
and other
projects.  It is very plain with plywood walls & floor and I have been
envying
some of the better equipped race trailers I have seen with generators,
AC, etc.

If I decide to go whole hog, will probably be better off finding one
already tricked
out, but I am considering a few upgrades to mine.  First I am thinking
about some
white paint for the interior to brighten it up a bit.  But I read about
one on EBay
and they mentioned having recently paneled it with white plastic
panels...

I am not aware of what kind of plastic panels could be used?  Maybe
something
used in modular type bathroom construction? I may need to quiz the seller
on that
aspect.  Wouldn't want something that cost and arm & a leg.

My main query for the group is the floor.  I am deciding between simply
painting the
floor or something more snazzy like checkerboard tile or sheet flooring.
Neither
Home Depot or Lowes had black & white checkerboard roll floor in stock.
Only kind of tile they had was peel & stick. I figure traditional VAT
tile set with a
troweled on adhesive would be preferred.  I guess another alternative
would be some
fairly thin diamond plate over the plywood - probably pricey.

Any thoughts?  I believe the tires will always be cool by the time I put
the cars back in
the trailer.

MRB