CAS: Re: Eye Glasses in the Shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: CAS: Re: Eye Glasses in the Shop
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:38:57 -0400
Use an old pair.  That's what I do.  I have an old pair of Flexon glasses
that I keep by the laundry tub and shelf that hold my "garage" clothes.  At
nearly $400 a pair now, it's really tough to have to replace them.

Get an extended warranty on your glasses and then just use them
anyways.   Take them in for repair/replacement when (not if) you munge them
up.  Some of these have a limit to the number of replacements you can get.

Full face shields.

Safety glasses that fit _over_ your regular eyeglasses.  Not too difficult
if you have smaller lensed glasses.

Contacts and regular safety glasses.

At 23:38 9/16/2001,  BOB  NOGUEIRA was inspired to say:

>Okay folks, I screwed  up another pair of glasses today when I sprayed some
>primer and got some on them.
>When I got them I had the non- scratch finish and non reflective coating put
>on ( what a waste of money ) and now when ever I get anything on them the
>coatings discolor.
>Any of you fellow 4 eyes out there any a good suggestions for minimizing
>damage to eye glasses in the shop ?

Cheers!

///